Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Out of the mouth of babes!

Recently I had a one on one oppurtunity to spend an hour or so with my only and favorite son, Zech, who just turned 11! Now we were driving to Walmart to return a CD player that had broken (just a side note this has to be the 6th one broken in about a two year period) and to get a new one. On the way home though, he surprised me and said "Mom, why are people so sad?" I asked him what he meant. He said, "Well everywhere I go people have frowns on their faces the shoulders and head hung down and they look so sad." Well you could have knocked me over by then because of such a statement but then I asked him why he thought everyone was so sad and where he saw them so sad. He said, "I see them all over, even at church. I think maybe because they don't have Jesus in their hearts." I asked him what he could do about that and he responded with, "I can hold my head up high and smile to them and show them I have Jesus in my heart." So simple, yet so profound. Next time your in a particular mood, remember the children around us are watching us and looking for the "smile" that Jesus gives us. Remember also, because He lives, I can face tomorrow, because He lives, all fear is gone, because I know, know, know He hold the future, that life is worth the living just because He LIVES!

No comments: