The Lord is so good to us! It is truly amazing. I'm amazed at His ways all the time.
But what would I do if Jesus were here physically today? That he didn't come 2000 years ago, but if He came today. A book by the name of "Eli" explores that topic. How so many churches wouldn't even recognize Him. They would be so much like the Pharisees and the Saducees. So I ask myself would I know Him? Would I bow down and worship Him? I would like to think I would.
I recently bought an old CD of Wayne Watson. He has a song called "Would I know You Now?"
Would I know You now if You walked into the room
If you stilled the crowd--If You light dispelled the gloom
And if I saw Your wounds--Touched Your thorn pierced brow
I wonder if I'd know You now
Would I know You now if You walked into this place
Would I cause You shame--Would my games be Your disgrace
Or would I worship You--Fall down upon my face
I wonder if I'd know You now
Or have the images I've painted So distorted who You are
That even if the world was looking They could not see You--The real You
Have I changed the true reflection To fulfill my own design
Making You what I want Not showing You forth divine
Would I miss You now if You left and closed the door
Would my flesh cry out "I don't need You anymore"
Or would I follow You--Seek to be restored
I wonder--I wonder Will I ever learn I wonder--
Would I ever know You now
What about you? Do you wonder? The part that I ponder heavily is the images I've painted so distorted who He is? That even if I was looking or the world from what I've said, would we see Him, the real Him.
On the other hand, I think that He is in all of us, and when we see that reflection of Him by what our neighbors are doing, do we notice? Do we see Him, when they do something only He would do? Are we reflecting what only He would do? Does the world see Jesus in me?
Ponderings . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment