Saturday, April 26, 2008

Little Things!

I am amazed at the little things that makes life all that God wants us too! And amazed at all the little things that make our life such a struggle.

This last week the little things of life made mine such a struggle. Little things like a little piece of paper given to me by a police man saying I was speeding (which I was) and how BIG the payment is from one little piece of paper. Little things like a doctors words that are confusing. If he had taken a little time to explain, my mind would not have taken the "little words" and made them BIG in my mind. As of today, they are still confusing but surrended to let God be who He is in my life. Little things such as a little sleep. Sleep is so precious to us and when we receive such little of it, it makes a BIG impact on your life. I've been going through boughts of insomnia and had very little sleep. Finally I took a little pill and I slept for 8 1/2 hours through the night, not once did I wake up! Yesterday was a great day because of the BIG sleep I recieved on a little pill (benedryl). But even yesterday the little things were BIG to me. Taking a little time to spend with my oldest daughter, not having to do even a little bit of school with them (because it was test and they have to do those on their own), and being able to sit down and read a whole book in 2 hours. Little things make a big difference. God though is not little, but a little time spent with Him, practicing His presence throughout my day, saying little prayers without ceasing throughout my day, makes Him the big God that He is in my life!

So next time you have a hundred little things to do, to them all in the Glory of the Lord! and make Him a BIG deal in your day out of the little things!

No comments: