Have you seen this TLC show? We happened to catch it last night on accident but it was interesting to say the least (at least to us). This family, who homeschools, actually sold their house and bought an RV and they are traveling to all fifty states (not sure how they will make it to Hawaii) and truly educating their children on the wonders of God's glories He has bestowed upon the US. They have two teenage daughters and two very active boys. Last night the show was on dissecting a frog and how their daughters didn't want to and the boys did. They had also stopped somewhere to run a fireworks stand for 12 days and the hardships on this effort were tremendous. I'm not sure how they survive, but somehow they are doing it and adjusting with all of it.
I'm fairly sure I couldn't do this but it intrigued me. We want to take a trip to Washington DC next fall and I've been planning that road trip. However that will be a 2 week adventure at the most and not a whole years worth of planning to go to. The adventure they will experience is so much more than a classroom could ever teach them. The mom is still doing their core subjects and such but going above and beyond the call of duty by giving them a hands on experience of so many things families just don't get to explore. Just thought I would let some of you know what you could watch on TV if you really had some time in the evening to just watch (doesn't happen very often in this household).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I did tell Loren that I would like to do that one day. The let's sell everything and just travel the country with the boys thing. Of course, he won't go for it. I also told him that I wanted to sell everything and move to Ecuador. What an experience the boys would have there.
I saw it and was quite impressed with them. I could never do that. I need a REAL shower. I do think it is awesome the experience she is giving her children. It is amazing!
Post a Comment