Thursday, October 2, 2008
Synonyms, Antonyms, & Oxymorons!
Every morning I wake up before the sun pops his head up to greet me. I sit in my easy chair and have my quiet, holy moments with the Lord. This is my rest before the chaos and pandemonium of my life hits around 7:00 am. There isn't much synonyms in my life anymore, just antonyms and oxymorons! Synonyms are words that mean about the same thing. Like rest, relaxation, and just time for a soak in the tub words that all would give you the knowledge that I need some time away. However my life exists somewhere in the Antonyms, complete opposites of each other. I wake very early in the morning and go to bed very late at night. I go from a dead stop to a dead race everyday anymore. I'm also not being very proactive in my attitudes as of late, so I tend to be anything from terrible to really great or from happy go lucky to stick a smile on my face and "I'm good" but I feel tired, worn out, and just stuck in the rat race! We are going at a dead race right now between a ladies event that another half dozen women and I are trying to put together and the Robotics group. I have at least two or three meetings a day that I have to make just because of these two groups. In the midst of all that teaching 5 different bible classes, 4 other people in my house, 3 children doing school, 2 adults spread very thin, and 1 very over tired mom! (sing that to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas) The oxymorons are things that just don't go together but yet we say them anyway like pretty ugly or relaxing chaos. I'm in the midst of those too because I have found that I can't seem to sit down anymore. At night when "resting" and the unusual night that we might be all home and nowhere to go (Ha, ha, you hear my sarcasm there), I am busy finishing laundry, cleaning, getting ready for the next school day, or just in my head making a mental list of all the things I've accomplished, all the the things I need to accomplish or all the things I don't care to do every again (like planning a big ladies event and robotics club and Upwards football/cheerleading all at the same time!). So there in a nutshell is my life the last 3 weeks and I for one am tired however enjoying the chaos because my children are truly having fun and fun learning and I know this will all end soon and life as I know it will never get back to usual because the usual changes with all the different seasons in our existences here in our town and house. So today even though I exists in the antonyms and oxymorons of my day, I cling to my verse at the top of my blog, "When I am overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I." He is my Rock and I will cling to Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hang in there. Remember, Just say NO!!!!
Post a Comment