I've got to tell you about the new fashion happening at my house. We have arguments and fights here from time to time on a normal level. But I have to explain to you that some of these arguments when looking back on them will just make you laugh and realize you are not a normal family. I know there really isn't a "normal" family, but ours just makes me realize how insane we might be!
The argument arose yesterday about the fact that Sarah was on the computer for the 3rd time and he hasn't had his chance. Now most of you by now are thinking that is pretty normal around our house. What you don't know is he is arguing and she had this complaint just yesterday about him, that they are complaining about not being about to WRITE A BOOK! Yes, you heard it here first. My children want to WRITE! No complaining, no fussing over the actual mechanics and the assignment. Just irritating remarks because they can't do their assignment more! LOL! They would if I let them all spend all day writing their "books" that they have started. I have found a new website and you need to check it out because it is one of the inspirations behind why they want to write so much! www.tikatok.com
Another reason that stirred my children up to write is a field trip we took at the last minute on Tuesday to a public school to hear an author speak of his books. Some of you might have heard of him, Rick Riordan and his Camp Half-blood series. It is a series of books that he wrote to help his boy learn Greek mythology. Basically he imagined what it would be like if you found out that your mother or father was really a Greek god and you, because you are their children, are half-blood Greek god's! It really is an exciting series, however I must warn you as I was warned it does have some language in it. Nothing more than what they already hear and because he was writing to an audience that his sons age was, he put some of it in there. His speech was awesome and the kids loved his imagination. They even were awe struck that he was rejected by his publishers 14 times, but he kept up his perseverance! He is also in the midst of helping them come out with a video game and maybe even a movie to be released in the Summer of 2010!
So to say the least their inspirations were based on a real live author and their excitability of using the computer in a unique way of writing a book. So do I have a budding author or authors living in my house? Who knows, but when they finish their books, I will post where you can read them and you be the editor and see what you think. In the meantime, I'll sit back and listen to, "Mom, I'm supposed to be on the computer to write now! I want to do my writing!" and enjoy even if it is in a whinny voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment