I'm fairly sure those people that read my blog will really understanding how insane I really am after reading this post. However I am truly sure some of you would have done the same!
About 2 months ago another pastor's wife in the area sat across from me at dinner and said, "Do you want to go and see Beth Moore live and in person down in Houston on November 10th?" What else would I say, "Yes, yes, and another yes!"
What I didn't know was that we were driving 6 hours to get to destination, stay the night, and drive another hour to get to the church we needed to arrive at yesterday morning, to stand in line with 150 other pastor's wives so that we could have lunch with Beth Moore. We sat a table over from her and had her staring nose to nose to us and speak to us as pastor's wives and share in the full time ministry tricky situations that we get ourselves into, rave more on the complications about self tanner that she uses, and God speak through her to each of our hearts (at least He did mine) and then rush off stage to another taping on another bible study she is doing and not get to shake her hand. Then if that wasn't enough, get back into our vehicle and drive another 7 hours home, which was really 8 1/2 hours because of traffic, potty breaks, rain, and meals!
Was it worth it! You bet! I did a little star gazing at a woman I profoundly respect as a woman of God. She is a size 2 I'm sure of it! She is in person an excitable lady of God, but does she love Him as much as she proclaims? I don't doubt it one bit! She loves God to her very core!
I had a wonderful time sharing with the other pastor's wife lots and lots of stories as she did with me and the girl time was fabulous. There was a lot of chocolate involved (we happened upon a store that had Ghiradelli chocolate 75% off! Woohoo!) and lots of laughter. Yes, if you read this right, I drove 15 1/2 hours to have lunch with Beth Moore and not even get to meet her. But I wouldn't have changed it and I'm glad I went. God is good and always speaks so wonderfully to my heart, even as insane as this ladies heart is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh I'm so jealous! I would have driven 15 1/2 hours for that too!
Kari - Sorry for the public message, and you can delete it, but I think your email account has been hacked. Heather Bouvier has been getting emails from "you" saying that you are stuck in Europe and need money to get home. She tried emailing you and got a nasty response from someone. So, go in and try to change your password or something! I don't really know the details but you can get in touch with Heather. If you don't have her email address let me know.
Post a Comment