Sunday, December 14, 2008

On the Sixth Day of Christmas . . .

My true love gave to me . . .


Six Christmas parties!
5 Hanging stockings!!!!!
4 Christmas stories,
3 blessings from God,
2 manger scenes,
and 1 beautiful, lovely Christmas tree
I must share with you a story of one particular Christmas party we attended last night. It all happened so many weeks ago when the youth department met together for a meeting and I (since I hadn't volunteered in this group yet) volunteered to put together plans for a Christmas Youth Party for our church. Thinking I have a cousin-in-law who used to a youth pastor maybe had ideas, I contacted his wife, but my planned failed. They had no ideas, but then one popped into my brain. As I was planning this event, I still wondered why such a detailed objective was put into my brain to accomplish this feat, I will never know. Anyway, the project became known as the Great "Amazing Christmas Race" youth party! They had 8 different locations in which they were given a clue, they had to decipler the clue as to their destination and once they got there they were given an assignment to do (eat cupcakes without using their hands, drink a half gallon of koolaid, crush crackers with their feet and eat them, act out the Christmas story for an elderly couple in an assisted living facility, and more). After they had finished the task they were then given the next clue and a toy. All over town were toys they were gathering up to bring to a local charity for children who were less fortunate. Oh they had a blast and the pictures were awesome. Because I was the head leader of all this I had to stay in one cental location and help them along when they got stuck so I was unable to drive around with them, but I enjoyed seeing their pictures. It was a lot of fun and now I'm completely exhausted. Only 2 more parties to go and then we are done for the season! Woohoo!

No comments: