Saturday, March 7, 2009

And the Winner is . . . .

Sarah's regional spelling bee was this morning. 21 children from around the county were present representing all schools. There were public schools, homeschools, and private schools. All kids were either elementary or jr. high. After 7 rounds, Sarah was asked to spell the word "seltzer", but it was pronounced, "selsor". Although she asked for the definition, she didn't ask for another pronunciation. Not sure that you can say the T or not, but in my Texas, redneck world, I pronounce the T and therefore I'm sure in our practicing I did the same thing. Unfortunately she did mispell that word and was eliminated. However she placed 7th out of 21.

Although if she had placed 21 out of 21, Mike and I are extremely proud of her and her hard work and determination to get to the regionals! Sarah is so very bright and serious student. She tries very hard in school and for that she gets an A plus from her teacher/mom! I love you Sarah and I am so very proud of you!

2 comments:

Czech out the Family! said...

Seltzer?! I say that w/a T sound. Even the people on the Alka-seltzer commercials say it that way. I would have misspelled that word too if they have said it without the T sound. Congratulations Sarah!

Laura said...

Way to go Sarah!!!