Sometime last year I was overburden with a desire to help this young family in our church with their childcare situation. Gracie was already here and she was pregnant with Faith. Faith, as much as it broke our hearts, never made it to this world, but landed right in the arms of Jesus. Many months later, Chuck and Reena tried again and they are expecting once again. And once again this burden became so heavy that I finally shared it with Mike. We both started praying and asking the Lord what is it He wanted me to do. So as I was praying, I finally shared with Reena my burden to help them out, but told her I was still waiting on confirmation from the Lord and wanted her and Chuck to pray as well and to see if they were even interested in their children in my home. Lo and behold the Lord had already been working on them (I shouldn't be surprised, I know, but I was) and they kept having the same conversation saying they really wanted someone to take care of their babies at home and my name kept coming up. However in all of this, I said and they said, "Your too busy!" so they and I always dropped it. As the Lord always does He continued to work in my life and finally showed them and I beyond a shadow of a doubt that He thought I could do this. Sooooooo, Meet Gracie Marie! She has been in our home as of 2 weeks now and I'm so head over heals in love with this little 2 year old. She is so cute and so two! I'm in between a parent and a grandparent. Having lots of fun and yet disciplining as well. She turned 2 Friday and we were able to make a cake with her (Isabella made it!) and give her a present! She is very shy around new people, so it took her a good week to warm up to us, but she did and we are having a great time! Thanks, Lord! for allowing me to open up my heart and arms to this little girl and another one on the way!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Meet Gracie Marie!
Sometime last year I was overburden with a desire to help this young family in our church with their childcare situation. Gracie was already here and she was pregnant with Faith. Faith, as much as it broke our hearts, never made it to this world, but landed right in the arms of Jesus. Many months later, Chuck and Reena tried again and they are expecting once again. And once again this burden became so heavy that I finally shared it with Mike. We both started praying and asking the Lord what is it He wanted me to do. So as I was praying, I finally shared with Reena my burden to help them out, but told her I was still waiting on confirmation from the Lord and wanted her and Chuck to pray as well and to see if they were even interested in their children in my home. Lo and behold the Lord had already been working on them (I shouldn't be surprised, I know, but I was) and they kept having the same conversation saying they really wanted someone to take care of their babies at home and my name kept coming up. However in all of this, I said and they said, "Your too busy!" so they and I always dropped it. As the Lord always does He continued to work in my life and finally showed them and I beyond a shadow of a doubt that He thought I could do this. Sooooooo, Meet Gracie Marie! She has been in our home as of 2 weeks now and I'm so head over heals in love with this little 2 year old. She is so cute and so two! I'm in between a parent and a grandparent. Having lots of fun and yet disciplining as well. She turned 2 Friday and we were able to make a cake with her (Isabella made it!) and give her a present! She is very shy around new people, so it took her a good week to warm up to us, but she did and we are having a great time! Thanks, Lord! for allowing me to open up my heart and arms to this little girl and another one on the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you are turning into me. Ha!
Post a Comment