Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fall Festival



Now many of my friends are viewing this today and being shocked! I haven't participated in a fall festival or anything halloween for that matter for many years. I've struggled with the pagan practices that are so relevant particulary on "Halloween". To have fun putting up spooky characters, putting on scary costumes, and rejoicing in all the things evil is beyond my scope of thinking. However I've always struggled with what I say to the world by not participating at all with a judgemental attitude. I've always struggled with being a stumbling block because I don't want to be there either. So I've come to a church that does a fall festival and here I was at a roadblock with what to do. Obviously from the pictures we went and we had fun. I was also blessed with my kids reactions and the number of people attended (over 400)! So has God done a work in my heart? I'm still searching for the answer and may never get it. I don't like halloween and probably never will but I am willing to change if I'm being a stumbling block to anyone.






Isabella went as Laura Ingalls (holding Jack their dog), Sarah went as Mary (mother of Jesus), and Zech has the most original costume, himself (he didn't want to dress up). Your asking yourself now, who is the big fellow. Yes that is my dear husband or should I say "deer husband". Most people recognized him only after he spoke. I went as a pastor's wife! Hope you all had fun with your festivities last night as well and didn't get a tummy ache.

No comments: