Have you ever in your life been told that if you read a certain amount of books, I will give you FREE ICE CREAM! Well that is what the Braums book buddies are all about. We use to do this program but had stopped due to the whole maintenance of it by me. However I was inspired once again to start doing the Braums Book Buddies. They have to read 6 books and place their stickers in their Braums booklets in order to get their prize. They graduate up from a single dip, to a single cone, to a double dip, milk shake, and the final is the Ice Cream Sunday. This program is available for those in the 1st-6th grade. Of Course that leaves Sarah out but I didn't, so I made my own and had her put her own stickers in it and I will buy her whatever the gradual stages are originally.
Most people who are reading this blog knows my childrens taste. One is a very health, but picky eater and the other two are sweet eaters. Oh they are so like me! They love chocolate, ice cream, and candy. So this tickled their ears and in no time at all after introducing this to them on Tuesday, they have begun and Isabella has already earned her first treat! Zech is one sticker away from it. Sarah has it a little tougher because she is not allowed to just read a first grade reader, she must really read. So she is behind them, but catching up.
This has sparked a new revolution in our house, because instead of hearing, "Mom, may I play a computer game?" it has changed to, "Mom, I just read another book, or mom, I need more books to read!" Oh what joy that brings to my ears.
For the adults out there I propose that everytime you read a book because I know it is usually a novel, go ahead and take yourself to an ice cream shop and treat yourself too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment