Thursday, February 7, 2008
Sick and Tired
Now from the title you probably think I'm sick and tired of something. Actually I have two sick and very tired kids. Last night after tucking my sweet innocent ones to bed (not!) I went to bed myself with visions of a date with my husband tonight! We were going to a mexican food resteraunt and a Casting Crowns concert! Oh how I dreamed how wonderful it would be until . . . cough, cough, "Mom, I don't feel well." Then go into my other childs bedroom and he is the same. Thinking hastily I decided I would try and get them into the doctors office first thing and get an antiobiotic quick and they might be better tonight and someone could still watch them (I know I was still dreaming but give a mom a chance). Took them to a clinic around the corner because even though we have been here in our town about 11 months I still haven't found a doctor. Thinking I would be first in line, I arrived only to find that I'm about one hundred in line and that the appointments come first! So after waiting two hours, we walked in, saw a doctor five minutes for her to tell me, "I'm pretty sure it is just a virus." So not fat chance on the antibiotic, just a wait and see game. And fat chance on the date, because no babysitter will babysit sick kids right?! Now they are all just bored and tired of laying around but when they get up to do anything they feel bad and lay back down. We've watched enough TV and tired of that too! Now their watching Disney Scene II and just watching it, not really playing it. Hopefully soon we will be just sick and tired of something, not really sick and really tired because we are sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope you all feel better soon.
Post a Comment