Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Laughter is good medicine!


I'm not sure I've laughed as much as I had the 4 days I got to go away to a sisterchicks weekend with my friends.


You see normally its get up at 5:00 am (not anything to laugh about), get the kids up, dressed, lets do our chores, lets start school (and there is usually way more tears than any laughter) and by the end of the day after many piles of laundry done, the 100th time of saying "no" to the children, answering the pepper spray of questions, and the proverbial saying of "why didn't anyone change the toilet paper roll?", I've about had it and ready to fall exhaustingly into bed usually with no laughter.


But these girls make you laugh. They make you laugh, not only at them and with them, but at yourself as well. Believe it or not we put a spin on all our weaknesses and laugh at them. Not to dismiss them, but so that each other realizes that we are all in it for the long haul, no matter what and we are going to help each other through the tough times, even when the tough times are sinful and we need to be helped out of those times.


A smile is truly a wonderful option over a frown. It does make you feel good and laughter is truly good medicine. After what awaited me when I got home, I'm still laughing from my weekend because its still working! Thanks ladies for your laughs and your beautiful smiles!

1 comment:

leb said...

What is my Grandma doing in that picture!!!!!!!!!!