Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A bed fit for a King and Queen!



When I was little I always loved going to older houses that have the original furniture displayed from the time period the house was or the people who lived there. I loved especially the bedrooms. They were always so spacious (because I didn't tour poor people houses except the slaves quarters out back) and the beds always looked so special. You know the kind I mean, four posters, canopy, and a stool to step up into the bed (I adored the idea of stepping up into my bed). Some had special linens draped around the four posters where you could close out everything and enjoy your bed and your sleep.


Mike and I love our King size bed. We love each other but over the years we know how important space is when sleeping. Mike's parents bought us our original King size bed. I thought it was great. It was so big that I felt lost on it for a while. I quickly assumed familiarity with it and fell in love with the greatness of it. We never had a bedroom furniture so it was just on a frame. Then we moved and bought some grown up furniture where we live now. I wanted a canopy bed that was dramatic in all its words that would describe it. Not outlandish, just simply elegant and fit for a King and Queen. Mike didn't want the canopy though so after many, many weeks of bedroom furniture shopping we stumbled accross a sleigh bed that both him and I admired. It is very simply but very elegant in its line. Bought and brought it home and have had it a little over a year now. However we had one problem, the mattress. The mattress starting showing signs of distress and I tried to call the manufacturer or the warranty information but to no avail. I was stuck. By now you can literally trace our outlines as to where we sleep and the middle is always a big hump because no one lays there.


After many years and months of living with this delapitated mattress we decided to pursue the option of purchasing another. Wow were we in for a surprise! There are so many different kinds to choose from, pillow tops, innner springs, seperated innner springs, foam, memory foam, foam and springs and a variety of brand names! Also the question do you buy new box springs or not? So after shopping and scratching our heads and discussing this over and over again we finally found the one we wanted. Mike went and purchased yesterday set for delivery today.


Well they came and delivered it and I'm pretty sure I got the bed of my dreams. No canopy mind you, but I have to use a stool to step up into it. It is way tall and spacious and it truly looks like a bed fit for a King and Queen. Now my Mike is what I call princess and the pea (you know the story with the pea under so many mattresses and she could still figure out there was something amiss among all that) because he is way picky about his sheets and covers and he will be happy over our King sized bed!


(notice it comes up to Isabella's chest)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great...looks like it needs to be napped in ;)

رحيل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.