Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm off to see the Wizard!

In all the discussions we have had of late, one strikes me as particularly amusing. RADAR our robot at the mall day was erratic in his movements at points of the competition. The judges even saw it and started checking it out. They inspected the batteries, the parts, and all the other pieces that make up RADAR. In doing so they finally suspected and finalized that they believe RADAR's brain maybe had a malfunction in its hard wiring and therefore they gave us a new brain to reprogram and attach to RADAR before Game day. Now as I was thinking about this, I started pondering how many of us has a hard wiring defect in our brain and would love to trade up! I know I would. My children, as sweet as they are, often tell me that my brain must be leaking or malfunctioning. I forget to do things like go down an alternative road to get to my house because they have my main road blocked off. I've forgotten a half dozen times and every time they seem to be with me and say, "Mom, where are you going?" I want to tell them something smart you know, but usually it is just, "Yes, mom forgot AGAIN!" I forget other things as well like to pick up milk when we are out, to sign them up for this or that, or get something copied for school. These are all simple in their nature however to children when Mom forgets something to them is wrong. They also love to point out when Mom doesn't do everything right! Kids truly help you become humble. Well at any point of this discussion I realize that I would love to have someone give me a new brain, an upgrade, and reprogram my design. While we are at it, maybe they can reprogram all those quirks I seem to have and those eradicable movements I get every now and then. I would love to have a brain for math and science because I still don't like those subject. My brain would function to a more outdoorsy kind of view of life than a stuck in the mud and in the house kind of person I am. Maybe I would even be a genius! Who knows, but because I am in the midst of the wildest kind of chaos that ensues my days here lately, I truly feel like the scarecrow without his brain. He and his friends simply followed the yellow brick road and set off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, all to receive parts of themselves they needed. So today I'm off to see the Wizard to get a new brain. Hmmm. . . isn't that a lot like going to see the God every morning in our quiet times. Oh Lord, truly I need a new brain or at least someone to reprogram it. He says to me, "Go to my Word!" His Word is all we need! It will reprogram all of us!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Will you find me a brain too?