Sorry no Friday Fotos today, just some updates and such.
Last week sometime I had my sister in law invite me to Facebook and join. Relatively easy and amazingly three other people found me within two days. However as I was getting comfortable with the process I decided to try and get a contact added and therefore clicked on the "add contact" button. This proceeded to send my computer into a crazy and interested few minutes only to tell me that my contact list was empty. Didn't think much about it then, but a few minutes later I get a call from a sweet friend saying she was confused. I thought, "Okay", she needs some help, so I buckle down to get her information thinking she really needed my help. Nope, she thought I needed help because she had just received an email from me saying I've been hijacked in London and I need money wired to a Western Union account and now! It had my signature on it and everything. Needless to say that is where her confusion was and my confusion started. That night I received at least 20 phone calls stating the same thing and wanting to let me know of this email that is being sent out. If that wasn't bad enough, if you replied to it, you got another email back which was in three different forms. Some got some nasty language and demanding money, some received a nice email but still asking for money, and some received a middle of the road one demanding money still. After many a phone call, stepping in dog "poo" that night, leaving my purse somewhere, and driving all over my city to different events my children had and my phone ringing off the wall, I was wiped out. Thankfully one the places I had to attend, a friend of mine who is more computer savey than me, plopped me down in front of a computer, and helped me change my password and up my security and deactivated my Facebook account. Whew! I was wiped out that night and thought the nightmare had ended.
That was not to be because in the morning when what to my wondering eyes do appear, it wasn't eight tiny reindeer, it was an email account that was drained of all my contacts. Not even one left. Whoever hacked into my system stole all my contacts names and emails account numbers. I was frustrated beyond belief.
I continue to get a call or two about another email, but it is not from my account anymore and only if you replied to that email. I learned I don't like facebook because that is where it all started and I learned that my friends are truly concerned about me and it was wonderful to talk with them all. I'm glad its Friday and this problem has been resolved. I'm estactic that my friends love me and helped me out with this scenario. However I haven't received my money girls? LOL, just joking, love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey glad you joined facebook , it's awesome. I got your email too, that was strange. glad you got it figured out. I'll know who to call if that ever happens to us. I already tried to find you and couldn't search for me under Lori Robbins Deevers on facebook
Oh man! That's awful! And really weird that it came through Facebook... I've never had a problem with it!
Post a Comment