Monday, August 24, 2009

14 YEARS!

She really is taller than I, but the pic doesn't show that!

Sarah's best of friends!

She received two gift cards among other things for her birthday!


How in the world did I get here? Wait, don't answer that! Yes, I know HOW I am here, but how? How did time fly so fast that my oldest daughter is now 14!!! To put things in perspective she will be a student driver in just one year. Please forgive the ponderings below as I briefly tell of her life and how special she is to me!
Happy Birthday my sweet Sarah,Oh the heart that God has given you,
Too sweet for the world I fear,too bold to keep you near.
I must allow your wings to fly, oh how I fight the urge within
to keep you ever here, and yet see you persevere.
You are beautiful inside and out, too wonderful for words to say,
how much joy you have given to Dad and I, Zech and Isabella!

Sarah, my oldest is beautiful, wonderful, stubborn, a quick speaker, and struggles listening. She is smart and funny, she is intuitive and observant! She is my oldest and therefore I want only the best for her and the best for herself! She loves people, struggles with sin, loves God more everyday and the beauty of her inside is matchless in this mother's eyes.

I wonder what she will be? I wonder what boy she will meet? Will she struggle? Will she follow? Will she lead? Will she always be protected or will she be hurt? If so, will I be here to help her and comfort her? Oh the questions and the ponderings of a mother's heart and the struggle within to keep control and yet let them leave on their own. Knowing that God is in control of everything and that He has a plan for her is the stabling balance that keeps me sane.

Sarah, I love you beyond words! You are my firstborn and I will always struggle to make you perfect. Although none of us can be, in my eyes, you are perfect to me because you are mine! I still can't believe God has allowed me to be your mother. How I treasure our times and moments together, knowing that one day like Cinderella, you will marry your prince and move on to your home to have your very own special children. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Czech out the Family! said...

ok..that made me cry. (where are the tissues?)