The kids and I took off for Colorado this past week and wow, I never expected such awe inspiring views that I received. Now I have to caution you that where I live is not at all awe inspiring (in my point of view). The kids had rented some movies, brought along their ipods, and their DS games, but also found time to amuse mom along the way! I had so much fun laughing with them and really enjoyed my time with just them. About 9 1/2 hours later I pulled into Colorado Springs and had chatted with my friend as to where she lives and directions and such. I was following them but started to feel the effects of the altitude, the weariness of the drive, and it was pouring down raining. As I was driving through the winding roads that take me up to 8,500 ft, I was praying to the Lord to help me make it there. He blessed me as I pulled into their driveway and I stepped onto the most beautiful sight I've seen in years. Trees, mountains, houses that are not copied but each one unique, Pike's Peak, rolling fog, and my friend! I love seeing my friends and hugging them. It's was so nice to reunite and know that I had made it to Colorado. After 9 1/2 hours anywhere was actually great to get too!
We visited that evening and had yummy Chicken Enchiladas. Unpacked, settled in and all went to sleep. The next day woke up to a beautiful 44 degrees! Wow, what a change from the 100 degree weather we have here. Erin fixed another delicious entree of blueberry pancakes with syrup or chocolate chip if you like! After the kids played legos (as Zech would call it Lego "Heaven" due to the fact she has 5 boys, 4 of which are always building with Lego's), and Josiah took his nap, we packed a lunch and headed for the Garden of the Gods. I belted myself back in my Yukon and off we went down the mountain and through the woods and then beyond a big Rock the view became spectacular (all the views there are) and the rocks that form this beautiful museum type quality of the Garden of the Gods. The man who discovered it wished it always to be free and donated it only on the condition it would remain free to all those who came to view the spectacular rock formations. There was a rock with a passage ways, rocks to climb, and we even saw a rattlesnake and I didn't run screaming! We had lunch around 12:30 and in the background it was quickly beginning to rain. My family and hers all packed back in and up the mountain in the rain we ascended once again. It rained every afternoon we were there, however it broke up almost every evening after dinner for Erin and I to take a walk around the neighborhood. The first night at the end, it started to rain again. However good company, beautiful view, and great conversation (in the midst of me running out of breath because of the deep hills and altitude) I didn't mind getting wet! We all showered and tucked ourselves in for the next day! Enjoy the pics!

No comments:
Post a Comment