Thursday, October 11, 2007

Homeschooling my three children can prove to be a challenge always. I'm constantly pressed by time to get it done and by people to get it done correctly. Homeschooling though isn't really any different than any other schooling. They get into fights, they learn bad habits from one another, they get annoyed with each other and want their own space, they fail sometimes at their first attempts, their second attempts, and sometimes even third. They have a teacher that isn't perfect and yells sometimes, gets frustrated sometimes, and even wants to throw it all out the window and send them on to some other teacher. During those tough times, God keeps me going, He sees us through every assignment, every long hour (and two or three at just one subject), He strengthens my fingers (sometimes when it needs to be pointed at them), strengthens my hands (for attitude adjustments), and strengthens my words (trying not to yell or show them I'm frustrated). God also keeps my children going too, to say their sorry when needed, even when they grit through their teeth and say "I'm sorry!". He gently reminds them of their wrongs and helps them to do what is right. I didn't always want to homeschool and I still daydream of a day when they are all away and I have time to myself, but I also realize then I would miss them so. So for now God has called us to homeschool and He equips us with our resources to do it excellently. I will never regret listening to Him for my answers for my family.

No comments: