This year for my birthday I recieved my usual, cards from various people wishing me a blessed year, money from family, and warm phone calls from wonderful friends. However this year was different for many reasons.
#1 - This is the first and only time my birthday ever fell on Easter! It was absolutely wonderful to have my birthday be on His day. I don't say share it with Him, because His one ressurection day far outweighs all the birthdays I've had and will have. However He loves me and truly blessed me for this birthday.
#2 - My dear husband took me away for my birthday and spoiled me rotten. Not that he doesn't usually spoil me, but he usually doesn't get to take me away. He is absolutely the best husband anyone could ever have!
#3 - My mother wasn't here for my birthday. She has always been here for my birthdays because we share our birthdays. She was born on the 24th and I on the 23rd. I missed her more than I'll share but she is with Jesus celebrating more than just birthdays now. She is celebrating what we shared on Easter, but for her everyday is Easter, because of His resurrection power she can be with Him forevermore!
#4 - Perhaps the most different thing on my birthday this year was how my children responded. Usually they are excited for me to open gifts from dad and their cards that Dad has reminded them to make and eat cake and sing Happy Birthday. But this year, they were way more thoughtful and such a blessing. They made me feel special with hugs and cards they had made on their own, with gifts they had made or purchased from somewhere else. The most precious gift I recieved came from them when they were shopping with their Papa and they found something they wanted. They called Dad and he came and bought it and they were soooo excited to present it to me! It was a sterling silver necklace with a heart that has engraved, "All that I am, I owe to my mom." Oh how that made me cry. It made my heart overjoyed that they really believe that. As a homeschool mom you ever wonder if you make a difference. Apparently I do somewhere in all that I do make a difference in their lives. It also made my heart overjoyed because all that I am is truly how my own mom raised me. Now I don't ever want to leave the Lord out but He put me with her so that I could have her as my special mom to raise me the special way He wanted her to.
So with all that, I was blessed beyond measure for my birthday! Thanks to all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This sounds like a truly awesome birthday. Thanks for sharing!
You have the same birthday as Erin!! That is crazy!! Happy Birthday!!
Kari, how sweet, happy birthday sorry I missed it. so nice to catch up on your life online, still miss ya'll here in OK
Post a Comment