We live on a relatively new street with new house and because of this we are always getting new neighbors. We have had 6 new families that have moved in since we have moved here. They are all very nice. One neighbor is a cop and that makes me feel a little safe. Unfortunately for my kids all of them have kids that are 2 and under or no kids. Now there is one neighbor who has boys 8 and 7 but they are rough and not here much. The do play with them, but they are really wanting someone their own age. I've been praying for a family to move in, in our area with kids our age, but God has said "no" or "wait" to this request so far. However Sarah will be taking a babysitting course soon and she will have lots of takers on our street when she does and mom will feel happier about that when she is just as close as across the street.
We are the only family so far to homeschool as well on our street. I had hoped for another family, but so far no takers. I'm been praying also as I do every year about next year, to homeschool or not, that is the question. Every year God is so faithful in showing me a "yes" and what to do for our lessons. This coming year, I'm diving into US History and 8th grade. Zech will head into 6th and Isabella 4th and I've covered those before, but US History and 8th grade are both new for me and for Sarah. So I'm studying about Sonlight curriculum, Beautiful feet, and My Fathers World for my history, bible and so much more. I'm convinced that at the end of this I will be well educated and can spar with the best of the best in knowledgable facts and figures.
I've also been looking into the future for high school. Do I go this far? Do I stop and send them to a christian school? Lots of questions, that I keep giving to the Father and asking Him to truly show me His plan for our lives.
It never ceases to amaze me, where and when His answers come and how clear they are. He never fails to answer in so many ways. Through scripture, through prayer, and through so many people. So whatever it is that you are facing today, I pray that you take it to the Lord and let Him show you His plan and His future because He promises that He has one for you, Jeremiah 29:11.
I recently read that the big answer is "to make a big-to-do out of God. Brandish Him, Herald Him." "God has given gifts to each of you from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well . . . Then God will be given the glory!." 1 Pet 4:10-11 NLT So expect for Him to show you how to make a big deal out of Him. He has shown me through Homeschooling, who knows how He will show you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That was very encouraging, thanks!!
Post a Comment