Wednesday, June 11, 2008

God is Working!

Several years ago Henry Blackaby came out with a new study on Experiencing God. In this study you learned that God is always working and our job is to find what he wants us to join Him in and go for it. Well since we've moved into this house it has been amazing to see God work. I must tell you though I don't always see it and this time God really had to hit me over the head with it to do it.

My DH is a pastor for those of you who don't know. One of the biggest gifts he has is to have a relationship with you in such a personal way that you grow close to your pastor. Well our neighborhood is filled with young couples and young kids (younger than mine) and Mike and I are well should we say "older" couple on the block. Many have been drawn to Mike because of his personality and his position and come to him with questions and counseling situations. He has become the "block" pastor! Well that has been going well and he is counseling with a couple who has recently been divorced and trying to help them mend some fences. He has also been able to lead in various talks about the bible. A couple of weeks ago one of the ladies who is young and asian came over "purposedly" to talk with me about coming to our church. She is aware of who Christ is and what He did for us, but it seems to be in her head, not her heart. However she really wants her children and her family to start going to church and realized how serious life and death are because her own father just died back in the Philipines. They have been coming for about a month now and he and the kids are just pumped about all kinds of things and really want to join the church. She wants to but she is afraid of what salvation and baptism mean and not sure. She says she wants to know more about the bible. So she came over one day and I visited with her about salvation and what the bible says and asked if she wanted a bible study. She overwhelmingly said yes, but about that time neighbor after neighbor started coming up and we had a block party that evening and nothing else was said about this except for a few other ladies. Unfortunately I dropped the ball and kept thinking to myself I need to get this started but it wasn't happening. Anyway last night one of the ladies called and said, "When are we going to get this going." So right there and right then God showed me, "I am working you need to join Me here." So thursday we begin our bible study in the book of John covering salvation and baptisms.

Pray for me not to get in the way here and for Him to be the teacher and leader. Pray for Elsa's soul and two other ladies both named Sarah who I'm not sure are Christians. Thanks God for working through me, help me not to be a stumbling block!

3 comments:

Amy R. said...

sounds great. I will be praying. What potential.

Laura said...

How wonderful! I will be praying.

رحيل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.