Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kendrick

Yesterday I attended a beautiful funeral for 5 year old Kendrick Little. He is dancing with the angels and in the arms of Jesus now after a year long battle with cancer. Oh, how precious his family is and I ask in the Mighty name of Jesus that you pray for them with all your heart. I can't and won't even try to imagine their pain, their hurt, and their suffering. However yesterday, I was given a glimpse of their family and God's grace is shining through them. It was standing room only kind of funeral because he and they touched so very many people all their lives. How glorious it was as they praised God throughout and gave Him all the glory! I was blessed beyond measure to view the wonderful photographs of their family and to stand near them as they entered the sanctuary. Their boys so wonderfully poised and their smiles so childlike. I have no doubt they know where their brother is and with a child's faith they believe. They believe that Kendrick received his victory and is there awaiting their arrival one day. I was convicted that I don't take enough family pictures together with all of us. I would love to be able to tell our story through pictures of our joys and our trials. I tend to only photograph our joys, not our sorrows. It's a thought though. Could you? Thank you to the Littles for allowing us to be part of your lives!

No comments: