Tuesday, August 12, 2008

3rd one goes to camp!

Yes, we started school and now we've had to hault it a little while my baby goes off to camp. I thought it a very late date for camp, but it is happening and she left yesterday to go to the 1st-4th grade camp. She went last year and so she was familiar with it this year. She will be swimming, eating, recreation, and learning about God and her relationship with Him at her camp. Giggling, whispering, skipping, and more little girl stuff will happen as well as getting to know her friends a little more. It is a local camp and I could go and visit her if I wanted, but we will leave her to our Childrens Minister and pray for her while she is gone.

The house is quiet without our chatty little girl. We enjoyed a little bit of one on one time with the other two last night though. We played marble chase and Risk (star wars version) with them and then took a walk while they rode their bikes. God blessed us with some rain while we were playing games and eating dinner, so our walk/bike ride, was spent splashing in puddles and wading into ditches with lots of water. We all had fun. It was a great family night but I missing my baby already. She will be back tomorrow and I'm sure the noise will begin again. It is amazing in our family with our three children how when one is gone the noise level goes down once again. They are all three such good kids. I'm very proud of them although I can't take credit for them. I believe by the grace of God alone they are who they are! And the vote is still out on us, Mike and I, as parents because they are not fully grown and we don't know how they will turn out. I am trusting in my prayers and belief in God on their behalf they will be serving our Great God somewhere, somehow! Just a little rambling . . . !

No comments: