Around 1:30 am on August 24th, 1995, I awoke to a cramp (or so I thought). I continued to feel the need to go to the bathroom, but then after a few times I realized that my water had broke, and the "cramps" were getting worse. Of course being the wonderful wife I am, waited until my husband's alarm went off to let him in on what was happening. Around 9:00 that morning, contractions getting worse we made it to the doctors office and then checked into the hospital to deliver a baby. We were clueless as to what we were having (boy/girl), but I was sure it was a big, bouncing baby boy. Somewhere close to 9:00 that evening I still had not made any progression, even though they had done everything and hooked me up to every machine, so a C-section was scheduled and off I went. "It's a girl!" was the main thing I remembered and then I cried. I had always wanted a little girl of my own. God had blessed Mike and I with a beautiful, healthy, blue-eyed baby girl. Oh, how she stole our hearts 13 years ago as we held her and beheld her. She was so beautiful and still is!
Sarah Alyssa Roberson turned 13 yesterday and I cried happy and sad tears. The bittersweet emotions you have as your children grow up is tremendous some days. As I was preparring her presents (this was way hard, but I figured out what we were going to do) I realized that God has truly given me a gift. I thank my God always for her. She might be stubborn, hard headed, very litteral in all her ways, and loves to debate with us, but she is ours. Ours to watch for a couple of more years, before she heads out into the great unknown world. Praise God, she has a relationship with Him, and our prayer is that she continues to follow Him! Happy Birthday, my first born and first teenager (and pray for us!) She got thirteen presents and that will be the next post (tomorrow).

2 comments:
She's growing up. I bet she had a blast opening up 13 presents. Miss y'all.
That was really sweet. I know that the time has just flown by. By the way, you are a wonderful wife...I wouldn't have waited until he woke up. ;)
Post a Comment