Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Locks of Love!





My oldest daughter has been growing her hair to lengths that were hard for me to imagine. She has very thick hair and it was a tangly mess most of the time. She really tried hard to keep it manageable but like I said, it was hard! Well about two weeks ago she came to me asking for a haircut. Her hair was bothering her and she had hoped that cutting it would alleviate some headaches she had been having. So I set up the appointment and we went yesterday and she was able to donate her hair to Locks for Love organization. They will take her hair and make a wig for little girls who struggle with cancer treatments and the loss of their own hair. I was so proud of her because she had to cut it shorter than anticipated. I think she looks very grown up now and I'm so proud of her for donating her hair and withstanding it a little shorter than she really wanted.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Good for her. That will definately cut back on most of the headaches. She's growing up.

Anonymous said...

She does look grown up!! That was neat that she did that!! How long did her hair have to be to donate it?

Laura said...

That is so great! What an awesome thing of her to do. I've always wanted to do that but my hair grows sooo incredibly slowly it would take me years to do! Way to go Sarah! Your new haircut looks great!