"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can," thought the crazy 40 year old lady who was continuing the 30 day shred! She burst forth every morning in workout clothes and starts the video encouraged by the smiling face on the other side of the screen. As she is being introduced to the ladies she has seen for 14 days now she tells herself she can do this and look like that on the other side of the screen. Yes, she is delusional! After the warm up, she is ready to start the 3 six minute circuits starting with walk out push ups! Arms shaking and rear up she knows that she isn't doing them right, but for now this is all she can accomplish. Continuing on she realizes that she has made it to the 2nd circuit abs and is doing well. Somewhere in that thought though another thought arises as she starts circuit 3 and her shoulders are burning! Balancing, pushing, twisting, planing, jumping, and asking her body to go way beyond her comfort zone she pushes on with the choo-choo train chant, "I think I can, I think I can." When it is finally over she shakes her head and wonders what on earth she is doing, but she is done for today and tomorrow holds another shred! Her goal now is to get up off the floor!
and . . .
She also smiles though as she remembers the man in her life! His wonderful smile and confident walk was the first thing that attracted her to him as he came across the church parking lot to introduce himself. That was 16 years ago now because she reflects on their first date of May1st! He was so handsome then with his thick, dark hair and boyish looks. Now as their love continues his looks are defined to her now, and she loves the sprinkle of grey in his hair, still his wonderful smile, and he is still hers! The point of her remembering him is that he is another year older today! 40 years ago, God specifically created this man for her! She is still so very much in love. They hold hands and she is proud to always say, "That is my man!" Happy Birthday, Mike! I love you and always will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tell Mike Happy Birthday from us!!!
Post a Comment