Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Halway point! I think . . .

Today is number 15 of the 30 day shred. I've actually been shredding for 15 days!!! Woohoo! What have I accomplished so far? A healthier lifestyle by going from no exercise to 20 min. everyday, an entire size down in clothes, my children seeing me choose between exercises or none, and last but certainly not least a discipline to keep it up. On the other hand I have also accomplished sore knees, still not much more energy, everything seems to be shredding except for the area I want to shred most and there doesn't seem to be much progress there (tummy!), gaining weight (I know muscle weighs more than fat! but I still don't like it), a more rigid schedule in the morning than I thought could happen, and a choo-choo train chant, "I think I can!"

However good or bad the exercises have been I know that I've made the right choice. I know that weight really doesn't matter, I do see some results even if minimal, and I've still got 15 more days to go! But where do I go from there? I'm still trying to figure that out. I could go and buy some more videos, a wii fit program and continue right here at home. I could also walk outside and start moving my legs into a brisk walk and see where it leads me. There are lots of possibilities. The one possibility though that isn't there is stopping after the 30 days! No way am I going to work this hard and just stop. I will continue on trying to make healthy choices and disciplining myself to keep on attaining to a higher standard where my wellness comes into play.

No comments: