Saturday, May 17, 2008

If I had a Magic Wand!

During our writing workshop we learned how to freewrite! Freewriting is similar to a lot of what I know as a quickwrite. However different in some ways. Freewriting lets the child pick a topic of his or her choice. They can write whatever they want with the freedom of not worrying about grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, etc. The trick of freewriting is they have to write something continuously for 10 minutes without picking up the pencil. Even if they don't know what to write they continue to do so by writing, I don't know what to write, I can't believe my mom is making me do this, etc. You get the picture? Well I considered that Isabella might have a problem, but I didn't divulge that to her. I went ahead and let her write, but I was shocked at what came out on page. An absolutely interesting continuous thought that was provoking, shocking, greedy, and yet helpful as well. The following is her paper unedited:

What Would I Do If I had A Magic Wand


I would turn the whole world into gold and chocolate and turn my parents into a
big huge gynormuse hunk of chocolate. My Dad would be Godiva chocolate and my
mom would be Garadelli Chocolate special dark both. All the food in the world would
either be Godiva or Garadelli chocolate and I would cherish all the gold I could find or
get. I’d be the richest person on earth with all the money in the world. I’d own
everything to myself including every resteraunt in the world and destroy beers and
alcohol. I’d make everybody turn to Jesus and I would make them do it with my magic
wand and I’d love to do something that I always love and that is the game of sweet
revenge. I’d love to turn it into Chocolate Sorry.


Too funny! I loved it. She has such an imagination!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, that's hilarious. Seriously so funny!!

Amy R. said...

Good stuff. I'll have to try that with Noah and Abbie. If I were to guess Abbie would write about 10 pages (oh verbose one) to every page of Noah's composition...
but back to Isabella, that girl must have been craving chocolate or something...funny kid!