Friday, May 23, 2008

Last Day of SCHOOL!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! School is done! School is done! School is done for the year! Well almost, let me explain. You see today is our official last day of school and we are all very excited about this day! We get to sleep in and be generally lazy through the summer. We have camps galore going on in June and 2 vacations in July! So for that part we are praising our God for a great school year!

We are also praising Him for the great grades! Zech and Isabella made straight A's for the final grade (all four 9 weeks sememsters averaged into one!) and Sarah made all A's except for two 89's! Bless her heart and you would think me being the teacher I would round those up for her, but I make her have the grade she's earned. She has worked the hardest this year. 7th grade is a step up from elementary and many days she was still working when the other two were playing. All the kids had a very rough year going. New school year with new people because of our move. We also dug in our heels the fall and winter semester not knowing what was going to happen to Grandma and wanting to be with her during her lung transplant. And then they had to endure letting their Grandma go to be with Jesus (which is the best place, but she is hard to let go of). So for all that in their lives, they all did magnificent jobs and we are all so very proud of them!

However we are not completely school free this summer. I know, I know, you all think of me as a mean mom and I probably am! Sarah and Zech will start a civics class with several other homeschoolers next week. Not a ton of work, just reading, discussing, and a few activities. They (Isabella too) also will start an online typing class and will hopefully post some blogs for me, next year with their new skill! They always have to do reading and math drill as well. Other than that, they are free to use their imaginations and I don't have to take grade (although the civics class I do).

So today being the last day of school we had chocolate gravy and biscuits! Our favorite special day breakfast! Hope you all have a great summer!

No comments: