and yes, it sounds good! Thursday night around 5:40 or so in the evening my stepfather with all three kids in tow pulled into our driveway! Nine days away from my kids truly made me appreciate them so much more. I hugged and kissed all three of them until they were saying, "Okay mom, you can let me go now." We unpacked quickly and heard many tales of garage sale shopping and saw their treasures, and the stories of playing with the cousins, grandma, and Papa taking the door off its hinges because he locked himself out of the house. We talked with them and hugged them some more.
Since Thursday we've played, talked, tickled, wrestled, giggled, hugged, and kissed them all three. Papa was here yesterday and took them to the movies last night while Mike and I had a church dinner to attend and a hospital visit to make. He left this morning to go and do some fishing with my Uncle Johnny. He was grinning from ear to ear because he not only got to play and have some time with his grandkids but he was going fishing which he loves to do.
This morning as I was having my quiet time I heard all kinds of noises. Grunts, giggles, warnings, thuds, yelling, laughing, and more were heard down the hall from two of my children. I didn't mind a bit. Usually I like to have a "quiet time", however I just thanked my God for giving me these three amazing children. Yes, sometime today I'm sure someone will get in trouble, and sometime tomorrow I'll probably fuss at one of them, and sometime next week I'll wonder were they ever gone for nine days, but for now I'm enjoying them back and enjoying the noise that comes along with these three children God has allowed me to raise, nurture, and bring up in His training!

3 comments:
Hey Kari, you mean some people do take 3 kids at one time for 9 days? That's amazing, you inspire me! Hope "church" is going well. we'll have to chat sometime we've had an interesting 6 mo. Everything is good at Velma, we just got our hands on some interesting new philosophies and it really made us doubt things, while it's better it's hard still, do you think something happens after 4 or 5 years with a pastor and his congregation? did you notice it, we havent' ever stayed this long...
They are blessings, sometimes they are LOUD blessings, but blessings none the less. :)
Post a Comment