I know most of you are asking, "What is up with the Roberson Family?" Okay, not really, but your checking the blog anyway to see anything new. This week and next week are actually down weeks for us. I am still in the planning mode of school. Looking through each subject thoroughly and seeing what plans I need to make for books to be checked out, for copies to be made, or for any unusual school supplies to purchase (science does require some unusual supplies). I'm also gearing up for the first week and what we will start to accomplish. I start early in August almost always so that we can get a jump on things before the rush of all the extracurricular activities start and also so we can begin slowly!
Although I'm still planning, I've still gotten a chance to spend time playing with the kids, cooking yummy breakfasts (I baked homemade bisquits this morning), read a book and started on another one (its the new sisterchick's book, "Ooh, la, la!"), and more things that are relaxing. I had a friend of mine join me yesterday for some yummy ice cream sundae's! Both our mothers went to be with Jesus within a month of each other and we encourage one another along this new journey God has us on. The kids are waking up late still and generally enjoying their day kicking back, playing video games, legos (they are creating something BIG!), and board games. The kids had and are having some activities like birthday parties, swim parties, movie parties, and sleep overs! They are all catching up on some missed reading this summer and other crafts and such we just haven't gotten to.
So with all that being said, we are just hanging out and enjoying one another as a family. Mike is still in the thrawls of his disertation and has learned lately that he is farther along than he thought he was and was encouraged by that fact. He is still working hard shepherding God's people at our church. God is working in our lives too and continues to show us wonderful answers to our prayers and reminding us to yield more and more to Him in the process. I read in my bible study last week and I'll leave you with this scripture to meditate on. "He must increase, and I must decrease." John 3:30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment