Tuesday, August 26, 2008

13 Presents!

I emailed and blogged and called many a friends in my frenzy furry to do something special for my Sarah's 13th birthday! I had no idea what to do. My mom is the crafty one in the family and she always gave me inspirations and helps, but she is busy with Jesus right now. So I prayed to the Lord Jesus that He would send me one of those inspirations that I needed and He did! Mike and I wanted to give Sarah presents that respresent her turning into a young woman and that we embraced that for her! So this is what we did:


Sarah’s 13th Birthday!

We wanted to get you 13 things that would help you as you turn 13 and the journey beyond!


#1 Cool Teen outfit to always look your best

#2 and 3– Two cuddly stuffed toys to always hold onto your childhood

#4, 5, and 6– Three posters to claim your own space as every teenager wants to do!

#7 – A lamp to always keep shining the light of Jesus as you’re reading His Word!

#8 – A bouquet of roses to show you that you are growing into a beautiful young woman

#9– Two great books to guide you into the scriptures that proclaim He loves you and cares for you and to stretch your imagination for His Kingdom. (God's own heart for Young women & Kingdom's Hope)

#10– A journal to record your dreams, your needs, your heartaches, and your joys and to give it all to Jesus!

#11 – A CD that will point the way of grace always! (Point of Grace new CD)

#12 – A bookmark to remind you where you are and that God has you in his heart and has a plan for you in His Word. (it was silver with a scripture engraved on it)

#13 - A figurine displaying a single rose named “Love”. You stole our heart from the time we knew about you. You are as unique as a single rose and you bring so much love in our lives!


We Love you with all our hearts, and so very, very proud of you!


She had so much fun opening each present as she read what each one of them represents. Her Posters are a cross admist a rainbow setting, the names of God in purple, and a big pink poster with God's Girl written across it! We have already put them up. Thanks for all of you helping me as I was figuring this out. (Yes, I cried many a times that weekend just because my daughter was turning 13! I was beginning to think I was loosing it, but I'm better now!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat idea...I will have to use that when Hannah turns thirteen. I know that Sarah felt special.

Laura said...

That was good!! I know I would have enjoyed that if I was her. See, you always come up with things like that.

totegirl said...

such a good mommy! very inspiring, thanks for sharing