During the summer, my children have an opportunity to show off their memorization & listening skills on Wednesay nights when they do Wacky Wednesday. "What is Wacky Wednesday?" It is a program that our childrens department has that encourages the children through the summer to memorize scripture and listen to bible stories and answer the questions. Each scripture, each answer, and just being there earns them points! Because this is summer, I'm usually out of any kind of prodding for my kids to learn any of this. There are rewards that motivate them though and throughout the summer they've received water guns, water sprayers, candy, girly stuff, boy stuff, and more!
Well this Mama is proud of my two youngest (Sarah is too old to be in this competition but I am very proud of her too!)! My two youngest learned all their scriptures, answered all their questions, and made it to Wacky Wednesday when we weren't on vacation (well I helped with that because we go to church every Wednesday and they can't drive just yet, Hallelujah!) all on their own! I never proded, poked, nagged, nothing, nada! They simply always knew the scriptures and the answers to the questions (I wish this would happen in school, but it doesn't).
Anyway the reason I am so very proud of them is they won 1st and 2nd place of all the points and earned themselves a brand new bicycle! I couldn't believe it but was so excited for them. They really had earned something for themselves and something that I had no part in other than bringing them every Wednesday to church! Way to go Zech and Isabella! (Isabella's bike is 24 inches and she has to stand on the curb to get on, but insist she is keeping it because she will grow into and have many years on it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Kari! I am soo proud of them too! Hope you have a blessed Friday!
Post a Comment