I'll try and catalog a few days in a row or a few weeks I should say in a few days posting. Today I would like to post a great field trip to Frontier Texas. Wow, what a great museum to attend and learn all about the beginnings of Texas and how hard it was to make a start of it. They were all surrounded by Indians, wildlife (wolves, mountain lions, buffalo, bears, etc), the harsh weather, and a vast domain of places to travel and abide. The museum is very interactive for this computer age group of kids. All of the stops had either live 360 degree theatre to sit in and listen to the many tales and watch the firefly's or hologram images of Indians, cowboys, women, and children and their lives that took us to many different scenes among Texas' birth. One lady actually buried 4 husbands, all 12 children, and grandchildren. How horrible that must have been. The pics contain mainly my girls because Zech was in a different group than us (wanted to go with his buddies!). We had a great time and then a wonderful visit with an old friend. Reunited on Facebook we learned we weren't that far apart and we were able to visit and have dinner before I headed back. Long day but totally worth the trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment