Do you remember at the beginning 22 days ago why I started this shredding business? I had just told hubby that my abs will never be the same and the next day a weekly blog that I subscribe to came to me in my email with a challenge. She had just started the shredding process and her son had commented on her abs. I thought if she can do it, I can too! (again wrong thoughts lead to wrong actions). There were over 150 ladies who have accepted her challenge and I enjoy getting the updates each week of the people. There comments are sincere and they are all so motivated. In reading some of their comments though I was doubled over in laughter at some of them, so I copied and pasted and you can read below:
Except for the last set of abs - by the end of that hellish Circuit 3 I can no longer get in the dreaded plank position, so I just do the bicycles like in Level 1. I'm kind of getting sick of Jillian taking a break and talking the whole time - yet she dares tell me I'm not allowed to take a break!
Things that have improved~ I can get out of an armchair without using my arms; ~ I can kick my butt; very important skill to have~ Definitely dropped a size although cant weigh myself as the scales were baptised by my baby boys in the bathtub~ Am eating less by choice.... go figure??!!~ Using less heating [it's winter here] as we make our own heat in the mornings~ Can see parts of my body I only ever saw in the mirror; after ten children never thought that 'extra' skin would tighten up
First two days were awful!! They should be required to put a warning that fastening your own bra may become impossible due to arm pain!
I did Jillian's online program for awhile, but it literally almost killed me! I almost passed out a couple of times, and wished I had a few other times! :)
I am on day 8... sort of.I did it once, it took me 7 days to recover- I attributed it to bad tennis shoes. So I bought some new ones and started over. But now I am on day 8 for real!
I too am getting a little tired of seeing my workout partners in the same outfits every day, but I wear the same two outfits myself, so I can't really complain. And at least I can't smell them like I can sometimes smell myself! I talk to Jillian as we work out and some days I'm not very nice.
This is only a few of the several comments made, but it encourages me to know I'm not alone in my thoughts of hating Jillian (in a good way), arm pain when doing anything that involves my arms (putting and taking off the shirt or bra, blow drying my hair, or applying my makeup), sweating like a hog and smelling like one too, feelings of passing out or wishing I had, and more.
However they have all said the same that they haven't lost a whole lot of weight but most of us are losing inches and loving it. They are also actually starting to get excited about bathing suit season and we are all keeping it up after the 30 days is finished. In fact I googled more videos by her and there are two more that I will order next pay day to continue with my exercising long after the 30 days! Amazing things happen when you start to exercise. However one thing I still don't have is more energy. I keep reading how people and these beautiful ladies who are doing it with me have more energy. I feel just as tired if not more. Exercise has always done that to me, but I will keep it up or at least try to. How many of you are going to join me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have been looking for the dvd, but the selection in our stupid town is poor. I will keep looking. I'm going to get Jill to do it with me when she gets home for the summer. She is wanting to loose some inches so she can fit in her wedding dress if she ever gets one. Ha!
Post a Comment