We are headed out tomorrow to go on vacation to see family. It doesn't always feel like vacation when we do this because there is so much family to see in a general area. We've been there many times before and it is where we both grew up. This time though I made it a point to at least go and see a few things while we are there! It is a vacation in the fact that I'm not constantly cleaning up my house, cooking dinners, and doing laundry. But I do clean up, cook some, and laundry has to be done somewhere in that (a mothers job never stops even on vacation!). We are looking forward to the two pools that were installed by Mike's younger brother and my older brother. The view of these two uncles from my kids perspective have heightened due to the fact they each have a pool now. We are looking forward to seeing family that we haven't seen in a while also. The cousins will be reunited and scream and hug and play and generally have a great time. There will be sleep overs, pizza, golf, swimming, and most importantly grandparents. Grandma Roberson's house will be a frenzy of activity.
Not our only reason, but most importantly, Mike will also have the opportunity to baptize his two nephews who recently accepted Christ into their heart. They both wanted Uncle Mike to do this. He was so honored that they asked him and very excited to be able to baptize them both.
The only thing I'm not excited about is the absence of a very important person who won't be there this time. My mom! I've been back once after the funeral but it was a week after her death and it was all too new. Now that time has passed I realize that this trip back is different. Different because she and I used to have such a good time together at the malls, the outlets, the resteraunts and having fun with her grandchildren. Different because going back to her house she won't be there. I miss her so very much! However, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she is where the Lord Jesus wants her to be and that is with Him! It is much better place than where we are all still! I don't wish her back but her memory invades my thoughts as I travel back to my home and I know it will get easier but it is still so hard some days. Please pray for me this next week.
I hope all of you will have a great 4th of July celebrating our nations freedom! I'll post some but not everyday! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope that you had a good time. It is hard to enjoy the surroundings with so much family, but family is fun too. I hope everything went well and that you had a great time!!
Kari, I have been missing you and the family since the "Summer change". So, I had to tune in and see what you guys have been up to. I can't wait till you all are back so I can catch you up on some major turmoil in my life. Keep up the wonderful writing. It is always a pleasure to read what is on your miond.
Take care and may God bless, AndyS
Post a Comment