Saturday, August 23, 2008

Floods, goodbyes, & hello's

This week has been full! Overwhelmingly full and God once again has proven His faithfullness to be there everyday through it. We've had lots of rain here in our city and some flooding occurred in different areas around town. One of the church members lost almost everything in his house and this week has been spent helping this family get back on their feet as much as possible as they await insurance and FEMA. Even though they've said goodbye to a lot of their possessions they are so very thankful for all that has been arranged for them and God's wonderful provision.

Another family lost a beautiful loved one to an act of senseless violence. She was so young and it was devasting to this family. She will be missed so very much. I never met her but her legacy from her family stories are wonderfully touching to hear. They said their goodbyes for now on earth, knowing they will see her for all eternity with her Heavenly Father!

We've said hello's to new school subjects this week (we are up to all but one subject which is added next week), new church members, and new hair-do's. We've had birthday celebrations all week (I'll blog more on this later), papa came in, shopping to do, and eating out. Many people, places, and things to do in our life this week.

Overwhelming though, Jesus has been here through it all. Our circumstances around us changed everyday and there is a storm a brewin on the horizon, but Jesus has stayed firm beside us and will guide us through the upcoming storms. He will hold us steady and is our anchor throughout the day and night! Thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

totegirl said...

hey thanks for leaving comments on my blog, it keeps me going and is so encouraging , I think (hope) others are benefitting but they aren't logged on or ever comment...I so enjoy checking yours. I found some others I really enjoy too. I have found facebook very fun, you should join

Heather B. said...

I read you comment over on Sweet Baby Kate about a blog makeover. I did Laura's and would be happy to talk with you about doing one if you want. Just email me at ponytailbabe at gmail dot com!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

That was encouraging. Thanks for sharing, as always!! it is so nice to hear you praisinfg for all the HE has done, we all need to be doing that, but we don't always do it!! Thanks!!