Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eating healthy!

I have to admit that this year I'm going to turn 40! I don't seem to mind it but I am definitely seeing changes in everything. Reading seems to take focus as things are blurry for a while as my eyes are adjusting. I have a new ache it seems every week and another "problem" health wise pop its ugly head up. I also know that gravity seems to keep taking hold of all my body parts and unfortunately it seems to increase in numbers (weight) that it has to hold onto so it is pulling awfully hard now! Things are not where they used to be anymore (sigh!).

Therefore, I've decided I'm going to fight back with some healthy eating and some exercising. My friend (who will read this blog) is also blogging about her healthy eating and exercising as she is getting ready to turn 40 too! I read her blog and I laugh, so I thought, hey I can do this. But laughing I'm not doing today. I'm entering the phase I of the South Beach diet and going to try and stick to it this time. I'm not a fan of this phase, because there is NO sugar at all (definitely no CHOCOLATE)! No fruits to get that natural sugar or anything. Also those of you who know me and my wee bladder know that when I say I'm going to the bathroom more than usual should probably guess by now that I'm camping there, because I was there way often before dieting, now, I'm always there. Back to my dieting, every time I'm at the phase, I usually have very little energy and a lot of withdrawal and I'm already ready for a nap. I'm going to try though and work in exercise somewhere along the way!

Turning 40 might come and go, but I'm hoping for a healthier body so people will always say, "You don't look that old!" I love it when they say that! My youngest daughter, my biggest fan also, always tells me I don't look a day over 25, and then I usually ask her, "What do you want?" LOL!

Laura, you and I will pass 40 with flying colors (you will do more flying than I since your jogging and I'll stick to walking!).

2 comments:

Czech out the Family! said...

I am starting to excersise again too. I am doing P90X 10min. a day workout. Let me know if you are interested and I will let you try it out to see if you like it. (they have a P90X 1hr. workout, but that is too much time that I don't have.)

Laura said...

Good for you! I know that 40 is just another mile marker for us, but I'm somewhat not really ready for it. Of course, I wasn't ready for any of those other ages as well. I'm 25 and holding.....You are crazy to be doing the south beach diet. I can't do that anymore. It was crazy and I gained all that weight back. Just try cutting back on things that aren't good for you. Eat clean. That's what I'm trying to do. Lost 6 pounds already. You can still run with me. It's ok if your makeup runs down your face. :)