Sarah and I received a special invitation last August to attend a Mother/daughter Revolve Tour for the end of January 09. After paying our fees, we anxiously awaited the day when we would go. Our church youth girls and some of their moms went too!
We loaded up 22 girls and moms and headed toward our destination this last Friday. With that many girls, even though it was 1 night stayover, the vans were packed to the hilt with bags! Two hours after pulling out, we were pulling in to our hotel, unpacking and getting into our rooms. Each adult mom had 3 girls (including their own) in their rooms and we were all on different floors. After unpacking, freshening up, we all headed out to eat at a Steak house across the street from the hotel. Thankfully we were early birds, because they had 22 of us to seat! I was amazed at the service, as it was very timely and the food was delicious. I stayed away from the rolls (all warm and buttery) and just had a steak (Sarah and I split a ribeye) and steamed vegetables. We also received a 10% discount because we were staying at the hotel across the street. Woohoo, I love saving money. So off to the collesium we go. Once there, we distributed out the tickets and made our way into the mad house. I want you to picture 7000 moms and teenagers (the premium age daughter tour was 12-19 yrs of age). Yes, it was a crazy maze to push your way through. Lost half the group, but our hopes were this was a Christian Tour and therefore our girls hopefully would be safe.
The name of the tour was Revolve! They are a spinoff for young girls of Women of Faith. At 7:00 on the dot, the button was pushed and I don't think, no I know, you couldn't hear a thing except what was being blasted by the speakers! (side note: I know the concerts I went to as a teenager the music was just as loud and I used to say if it is too loud, your too old. I learned, I'm too old, because it was way, way louder than I appreciated.) There was the praise team for the tour who led us in praise and worship songs for our God. Then Group 1 Crew came on stage and sang a couple of songs. After that followed the barage of speakers introducing themselves and the drama team (they were good!). The one person I was most excited about (because she and only one other person on the tour were all I knew) was Natalie Grant. She did not disappoint me and she can sing! Wow, her words through the Holy Spirit inspired me and it was a great concert. And unfortunately that what this whole weekend (in my opinion) was, a concert. One great big one! We had out of 9 hours, only 2 hours of speakers, and the rest was music! I was disappointed to say the least because I am of the personality that likes bible study. Although the speakers were good (Jenna Lucado being one of them), I was very put out that their wasn't more.
So mother/daughter tour? Sarah and I had fun!, that I'm sure of. We worshipped the Lord together which is always inspiring. Did Sarah learn anything new or did we deepen our walk in the Lord? I don't believe so. I'm still glad we went, but not sure I would go again. It was an awesome concert and wonderful drama, but I for one was hoping for more. I'm excited that I got to spend some one on one time with her and the Lord and for that, it was all worth it!
I should also mention for those of you who are Hawk Nelson fans, he was there too! (Didn't know who he was, but most of the girls there did and they were screaming! Almost like Beatles fans of the 60's (they were in the 60's right?))
One more thing to mention about the warm, buttery rolls! Why did I stay away from them? When the hotel had belgium waffles to eat? (does it count that I put sugar free syrup on them?) and then needed to eat at the collesium and there wasn't one thing healthy there and had a funnel cake, barbque sandwich, fries, and more! I was eating healthy and I shall return today! Oh those funnel cakes were good though!

1 comment:
I was there!! I wish could have seen you all, I had no idea you were going. I went with my sister's youth group. Sad I missed you...
Post a Comment