Monday, February 9, 2009

Things are getting back to Normal!

What is normal around my household? Moving in lightening speed, always catching up to do, million and one things always on the to do list, teaching 4 different classes (3 bible studies and one writing) on top of teaching all the homeschool subjects to my children; dare I say more? The month of January was a tad relaxing around here. We didn't have a ton of stuff to do, we have vacation in the middle, and a sleet storm slowed us down! Woohoo! I love the days of just 500,000 things to do instead of 1,000,000. Just joking, maybe just 250,000 things to do?!

Last week started the barage of lists, things to do, extra curricular activities starting back again, phone calls to be made, bible studies starting again, and such. This week we add to the list by starting enrichment today. Today in the 9:00 hour I will be teaching writing (really a DVD will be, I'm just leading the class), Zech will be in Survey of American History, and Isabella will be doing crafts (which she loves and doesn't get much around my house). The 10:00 hour is a break for me, Sarah will be in Demolishing Strongholds, Zech in Creepy Crawly Science, and Isabella Survey of American History. Now as I am writing this all three of my children are upset because there is no 11:00 hour for them. Not that there isn't any classes, they just didn't like any of them (and I asked 3 times), so I didn't sign them up for any. However upset they are, nothing can change this semester, maybe next semester they will "like" whatever is being offered and try something new. (I do "make" them take some classes I feel that are necessary, but I try to offer them a class they choose too.)

Of all the things starting new and fresh, we do have an ending come up, Upwards Basketball for Isabella. She has loved this season and has made several baskets. She is great defensive player. I am amazed at her ability. This coming Saturday will be her last game and then awards the following Thursday. She has come away a proven player and nursing a jammed finger.

So back to normal means for us that we are busy as always, and maybe my post will be more frequent with things to say! Have a great week!

No comments: